The National Center for High-performance and Distributed Computing (NCHDC) provides computing resources and software services for research and innovation to the individual researchers and scientific groups in Bulgaria.
The main objective of the NCHDC is to provide stable and reliable services in a sustainable way, in the long term, with maximum flexibility, exceptional cooperativity and understanding of users from different disciplinary fields, which pose problems specific to them and need support for the use of electronic infrastructure. This is an extremely difficult task requiring experienced, highly knowledgeble and motivated e-Infrastructure specialists in order to match the NCHDC infrastructure to modern hardware and software developments.
The NCHDC is built and operated by a consortium consisting of
Institute of Information and Communication Technologies – BAS (coordinating organization) and members:
- Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”
- Technical University of Sofia
- Institute of Mathematics and Informatics – BAS
- Institute of Mechanics – BAS
- National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography – BAS
- Medical University of Sofia
- Plovdiv University „Paisij Hilendarski”
- Library Studies and Information Technologies University of Sofia
The NCHDC is a part of the National Roadmap for Research Infrastructures and is funded by the Ministry of Education and Science