Generic Infrastructure Services:
The core infrastructure services that are user-facing are organized as follows:
- Access to HPC resources – provided by each resource center (IICT-BAS, Sofia University and TU-Sofia). Includes direct user access to the Avitohol supercomputer and HPC clusters from partners.
- Grid access – Provided by resource centers according to their supported virtual organizations and in accordance with procedures of EGI. In particular, it supports the participation of Bulgaria in the collaboration with CERN.
- Cloud computing access – Provides cloud access in order to launch virtual machines and run services.
- Access to Cloud Container Compute service – Allows access to start container-based applications, including container-based MPI applications.
- Access to a parallel file system for data storage and processing – provides access to a high-performance Lustre file system (within the Avitohol supercomputer) or equivalent for immediate processing and storage of data from the calculations.
- Saving and sharing of user files – a secure storage for storing and sharing small files and documents (Simple Storage).
- Data backup – Long-term storage of datasets, organized and indexed with search capability.
- Data transfer services – allows for transferring data between data centers to efficiently use the computational resources allocated to the national infrastructure.
- Data analysis service – allows for analyzing large sets of scientific data that require specialized software and hardware resources to create new metadata important for further analysis.
- Centralized search for datasets that are stored in different repositories. Metadata search and PID issuing for data sets.
- Issuing digital certificates to users and servers – Provides secure user and server (host) authentication (for example, web servers, e-mail servers, and dedicated servers). Maintains Bulgarian membership in EUGRIDPMA.
- Centralized secure and authenticated access to ensure project-based accountability, as well as the prevention of unauthorized access.
- Training on usage of the services – Performs introductory training for users to use the center’s services as well as training for advanced users and developers.
- Optimization and deployment of applications – helping user groups optimize applications and deploy them optimally to use available resources.
- Application customization consultancy – Providing general consultancy about optimal usage of the capabilities of the center or the potential of HPC technologies and Big Data. It does not necessarily require access to the hardware.