- This event has passed.
International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS 2017)
June 12, 2017 - June 14, 2017
The International Conference on Computational Science is an annual conference that brings together researchers and scientists from mathematics and computer science as basic computing disciplines, researchers from various application areas who are pioneering computational methods in sciences such as physics, chemistry, life sciences, and engineering, as well as in arts and humanitarian fields, to discuss problems and solutions in the area, to identify new issues, and to shape future directions for research.
The theme for ICCS 2017 is “The Art of Computational Science. Bridging Gaps – Forming Alloys”, to highlight the role of computational science as a broad, multidisciplinary science tackling problems and creating synergies with other fields. This conference will be a unique event focusing on recent developments in: scalable scientific algorithms; advanced software tools; computational grids; advanced numerical methods; and novel application areas. These innovative novel models, algorithms and tools drive new science through efficient application in areas such as physical systems, computational and systems biology, environmental systems, finance, and others.
Confirmed keynote speakers so far are:
- Anastasia Ailamaki, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Efthimios Kaxiras, Harvard University, USA
- Michael Norman, San Diego Supercomputer Center, UC San Diego, USA
- Tomaso Poggio, Eugene McDermott Professor, MIT, USA
- Olga Sorkine-Hornung, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Rick L. Stevens, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Stefan Thurner, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
More information here.